We shared the things that we learn in Pukeko with our grandparents.
These were some of the memories shared.
- Every child sat at a desk
- New Entrants got a stamps for having a sleep in the afternoon (some faked it to get the stamp)
- Lots of rote learning
- Had to drink milk every day out of glass bottles whether they were cold or not
- Some came to school on buses and some walked a long way
- After lunch at 1 o'clock kids would listen to the radio
- Some remember getting the strap
Over the past 2 weeks we have has a much higher interest in numbers and writing in the play space. Children have been asking questions about numbers and trying to find the answers themselves.
The children at the making table produced some very imaginative creations and
had to solve the problem of having no selotape.
Here are the children predicting what our crystals will look like.
The girls made and umbrella with the imagination playground
Water play in the beautiful sun
Moved to washing dishes at home
Then moved to writing letters and words
Welcome to our newest students